“Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. Sing to him; yes, sing his praises. Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds” (1 Chronicles 16:8-9, NLT).
Next week, a global gathering of key personnel of Wycliffe Bible Translators and its major partner organizations will meet in Asia for a quadrennial conference. This strategic event is the organizations’ most significant means of connecting the majority of the partner organizations in the Wycliffe Global Alliance with each other, with the Bible translation vision, and with strategic partner SIL International. It is truly a unique opportunity for corporate mobilization in spirit and purpose at the half-way point towards Vision 2025 (to see a Bible translation started for every language that needs one by the year 2025).
Around 175 Wycliffe participants from approximately 65 nations are expected to attend this global conference, April 30-May 9. Together they will engage in prayer, fellowship, networking, and—under the theme title “look!2012”—celebration of all that God has done. They will hear and discuss reports from board members and executive leaders and engage in a variety of separate sessions.
- Pray for a spirit of unity to cover this event.
- Pray for safe travel for the conference attendees, and that everyone will enjoy good health during the meetings.
- Ask God to grant unity and patience to all who are overseeing the event’s logistical details.
- Pray for those who will minister as special guests—Bible study leader Lindsay Olesberg and speaker Dr. Christopher Wright.
- Pray for open communication, understanding, and the covering of the Holy Spirit to surround the work. As a part of the conference, Wycliffe Global Alliance and SIL International will elect new Board members; pray that God will raise up those of His choice who will govern well for the next four years.